UPDATE: USCIS Now Accepting EAD Applications for Certain H-4 Spouses

USCIS is now accepting applications for Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) from H-4 dependent spouses.  To qualify for work authorization, the H-4 dependent must be the spouse of an H-1B holder with an approved immigration petition or who has been granted H-1B status beyond the 6 year limit based on AC 21.  (Please refer to our previous blog post here for more information regarding eligibility for this program.)

As we reported in our previous blog post, found here, on April 23, 2015, a lawsuit was filed against the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to invalidate the new H-4 Spouse EAD program.  At this time, the lawsuit does not have any impact on the program, and we at Just Law International, P.C., are moving forward with H-4 Spouse EAD applications as planned.  Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information and to schedule a consultation regarding your eligibility for an EAD application.

Please consult an attorney for advice about your individual situation.  The information provided on this site is not legal advice, nor is it intended to be.  You are welcome to get in touch with our law firm by electronic mail, letters, or phone calls.  Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship.  Until an attorney-client relationship is established, please withhold from sending any confidential information.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s